National Institute of Fashion Technology popularly known as NIFT is one of the most renowned Fashion Institute in India which was established under the aegis of the Ministry of Textiles, Government of India. NIFT is an institution of design, management and technology for the international fashion business. NIFT offers four-year bachelor and two-year master programmes in the areas of Design, Management and Technology. NIFT Centres: Mumbai, Kolkata, Kangra, Gandhinagar, Hyderabad, Chennai, Bangalore, Raebareli, Patna, Shillong, Bhopal, Kannur, Bhubaneswar and Jodhpur.
National Institute of Fashion Technology offers admission to eligible candidates in Bachelor of Design (B.Des.) andBachelor of Fashion Technology (B.FTech.) on the basis of the NIFT Entrance Exam 2016.
- Bachelor of Design is offered in following specialization
- Accessory Design
- Fashion Communication
- Fashion Design
- Knitwear Design
- Leather Design
- Textile Design
- Bachelor of Fashion Technology in
- Apparel Production
Number of Seats Bachelor of Design (B.Des)
|Campus||Fashion Design||Leather Design||Accessory Design||Textile Design||Knitwear Design||Fashion Communication|
Number of Seats Bachelor of Fashion Technology (B.F.Tech.) Technology
Apparel Production (AP)
|Campus||No. of Seats|
- Age Limit: The maximum age of the aspiring candidate should not exceed 23 years as on October 1, 2016. For those who belong to reserved category the upper age limit will be relaxed by 5 years.
- Academic Criteria: The candidate should have passed Class 12 from any Public School/Board/University Examination in India or in Foreign countries recognized by the Association of Indian Universities as equivalent to Class 12 system
- Candidates appearing in Class 12 Board Examination in the year 2016 are eligible for the exam.
All the interested candidates can apply Online on the official website of the NIFT
Steps involved in the Application Process
- Step 1: Fill in the Application Form
- Step 2: Upload Photograph and Signature
- Step 3: Make payment
- Step 4: Print Application
The duly filled in Application has to be submitted ONLINE only on or before January 16, 2016 if in case the payment has been made Online.
However in case the candidate has made the payment via Demand Draft then they are required to send the duly filled in Application Form along with Demand Draft to the below mentioned address:
Project Manager – CMS,
All India Management Association Management House,
14, Institutional Area, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi – 11000
|General/OBC (Non-Creamy) Category||Rs.1500|
|SC/ ST/ PHP Category||Rs.750|
Candidates can pay the Application Fee via either of the two modes:
- Mode 1: Through NIFT payment gateway- Credit Cards /Debit Cards
- Mode 2: Through Demand Draft- The Demand Draft should be issued in favour of “NIFT HO”, payable at New Delhi