UV, or Ultraviolet rays stand lowest in the colour spectrum. We often hear the word “UV Rays” associated with the harmful rays of the sun. However, UV rays have a role to play in water purification. When you or your family is consuming water, you would want it to be only the purest, healthiest form of water. That is why it is important to invest in a good UV water filter for your home. The UV rays in the water filter help in purifying the water.
Here are some of the top benefits of UV and its role in water purification:
- Using UV technology in water filters is a cost effective solution to drink clean, safe and healthy water. Typically, UV filters use only about 11 watts of power, which means that you can enjoy clean and healthy drinking water without spending too much.
- One of the main advantages of using UV technology for water purification is the fact that UV filters do not make use of any chemicals. This leaves the smell as well as the taste of water unaltered; giving you the purest form of water to drink.
- UV technology is 99.9% effective in killing bacteria, germs and microorganisms. Not just that, UV rays also effectively stop the multiplication of these viruses and germs by altering their DNA structure. So by investing in a UV water filter, you are not only effectively killing off the germs, bacteria and microorganisms already present in your water, but you are also effectively stopping them from multiplying henceforth.
- The technology and technique used to kill these harmful microorganisms, germs and bacteria in UV filters is a safe, clean and environment friendly method. This simply means that you are not adding any chemicals or doing any harm to the environment while using the UV ray technology for water purification in your home.
- Maintenance behind a UV filter is very low, as it is quite affordable and cost effective to change the UV bulb of the water filter. It is also very easy to install and repair, unlike chlorination, ozonisation and other technologies of water purification.
- UV filter technology can be teamed up with other varieties of water purification and water filtration technologies as well, such as Reverse Osmosis, water softening, using gravity as water filtration, Ultrafiltration, etc.
- UV technology of water purification is probably the most hassle free water filtration technology that you can opt for. Once you have installed your UV water filter, an annual servicing and repair is all that is required to keep your water filter running as good as new.
- The maintenance behind the UV filter technology is also pretty simple, as there are no dirty parts to be disposed of.
UV technology of water purification has several great advantages, which is why it is the most popular as well as the most affordable method of water filtration and water purification. UV filter technology is available in most advanced models of water filters. It is important to choose the best water filter for your home to ensure that you and your family are always exposed to clean, safe and healthy drinking water.